Mary Ward International Australia (MWIA) recognises your right to privacy, confidentiality and data security and we are committed to protecting your personal information.
Information we collect
- MWIA will collect and maintain in our database certain personally identifiable information from you only when you provide it to us on a voluntary basis.
- Information MWIA may request includes your name, address, telephone number and email, as well as financial information (credit card details) if you are making a donation.
Use of personal information
MWIA will use your personally identifiable information for the following purpose:
- When you make an inquiry, contact us or subscribe to an occasional publication.
- To process donations and issue tax receipts
- To send updates, acknowledge your support, respond to your comments and suggestions, identify and inform you about MWIA programs.
- To process an application to become a participant in our volunteer program.
- To liaise with project partners to facilitate your volunteer placement.
- We may also use your personally identifiable information for our own marketing or promotions purposes.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect or use is accurate, complete, up-to-date, stored in a secure environment and accessed only by an authorised person.
Disclosure of personal information
- We may share information about you within the Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Loreto Sisters), but will not share any information about you with third parties, except as provided by civil Privacy Legislation. Information we have collected about you will not be traded, sold or rented to other organisation for marketing or solicitation purposes.
Security of personal information
- No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to use or receive from our online services. These activities are conducted at your own risk. As soon as we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security.
- If you do not want your personally identifiable information to be used, you may contact the Privacy Officer on 03 9813 4023 or by email at email@example.com and ask that you do not receive promotional mail.
- You may always review your personally identifiable information and may change, update or correct as needed. To do this please contact the Privacy Officer on 03 9813 4023 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If MWIA does not allow you to access your personal information, we will provide you with the reasons for our decision and how to appeal that decision.
- The safety of children is very important to us.
- We ask that children under the age of 18 have a parent or guardian verify their contact with us. Whilst we will make every reasonable effort to ensure that children’s privacy and other rights are not compromised, it is ultimately the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s internet usage.
- We may use “cookies” to allow you to use our services with greater ease and efficiency. Our cookies contain no personally identifiable information, but are small alphanumeric text files transferred from our website to your hard drive to facilitate access to and use of our site. They may also provide us with aggregate statistical information about site usage.